Wednesday, April 27, 2011

raw for dinner


last night's dinner was sort of a finish-up-what's-in-the-fridge meal. i do my best to keep raw pizza crusts in the freezer for easier dishes like this one.

my fungus was about to grow more fungus, so i used 'shrooms for the pizza topping. they were marinated in equal parts shoyu and olive oil with a splash of agave and dehydrated for about an hour. there was a little bit of eggplant caponata left swimming in a lot of dressing - i blended it with a handful of soaked cashews, sun-dried tomato and garlic for a two-in-one tomato/cheese topping.

half of a zucchini leftover from my ramekin raw lasagna was spiralized for a small side of "pasta", topped with the aforementioned tomato/cheese sauce. the lettuce from our garden was served with a maple balsamic dressing john whipped up. (he likes to help in the kitchen so he can get fed quicker because he loves me.=)

on a whim i made a strawberry banana ice cream cake for dessert. more details on this fabulous frozen delight to follow!=)

14 comments:

  1. On a whim you made a strawberry banana ice cream cake for dessert...seriously? Yum. That sounds like a very yummy whim and the rest of it sounds yummy too.

    Now I'm hungry.

    Thank you for sharing all the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. julia, i had the day off and planned on doing chores, but a whisper said to make dessert instead. i did manage to get some of the chores done while the layers were freezing.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ice cream cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks so good! Ive been harvesting mesclun from my garden, all week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cake is adorable. Drooling.

    What a lovely dinner. I need to get better about freezing crusts to pop out once in awhile like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me with that cake?! It looks like something you entered in a contest. I can't wait to read about it.

    Your whole dinner looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It should be illegal to post pictures of cake that look like that when you dont have enough to share with the class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, ladies. i'll be giving away one of heathy's ice cream cake ebooks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that pie looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! that ice cream cake looks SOOOOO good! Can't wait for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK! I'm officially drooling here!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have really been thinking of adding more raw food to my diet. Watching your pictures assures me it's delicious and healthy. We started sprouting a month ago. I love sprouts, why didn't I make them before?! And now we have lots of greens in our greenhouse. Spring is the best time to eat raw!

    I'd really love to try raw cakes, raw pizzas, raw soups. Good news is that my father will give me a dehydrator as a birthday present! Yay! Maybe some day I'll be totally raw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great meal Kelli.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...