Monday, April 11, 2011

my blog's two today=)

last year i completely overlooked my blog's first birthday, the neglectful blog-mommy i was. this year i thought i'd celebrate and talk a little on how this blog came to be.

weeks prior to my blog's inception, i hardly knew what blogging was. my friend missy had a blog for her family, and when i became passionate about animal-friendly eating, she encouraged me to start one to share my recipes. so i did. here was my original header:


i have to laugh at how impersonal my first post was - i just slapped up a recipe for vegan pizza and that was that. but when i started following other food bloggers, i found myself inspired by those who shared more of their personal lives, and this space evolved into a place for me to share and connect.

though i no longer label myself vegan or vegetarian, i still prefer to prepare and eat animal-friendly meals, so the title will stay - for now.=)

my sincerest thanks to everyone who supports and encourages this blog. i'm grateful for every thought you contribute, and as a small token of my appreciation, i'm hosting a fun little giveaway - details to come later in the week!

20 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Kelli! I'm glad I found you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on two years! :) I <3 your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Kelli! I've only been bloggin' about nine months or so, so I'm pretty impressed by your two years. Keep it goin'! I'm still laffin' about that video from this morning. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on two years. Happy Blog B-day. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary!!! I got something sunny from your today. it really made me smile. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two years! That's awesome. It is so fun to read your original, upbeat posts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Kelli's blog! Congrats on two years. It seems like only yesterday my blog turned two - my how time flies. lol

    Love your blog and love the variety so yay you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog birthday! Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad to have found this happy little space, and more importantly, YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blog birthday, your work is just lovely!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy belated, hope all is well, miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog Kelli, and Happy Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel you are one of the few genuinely-sweet and sincere bloggers around(labels suck)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your wonderful blog!
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...