Saturday, October 30, 2010

mother love

below are some snippets of a lovely day my mom and i shared friday in smithville.



the sweetest thing (besides the candy shop) was the feathered family living amongst the flower beds of an angel store. 


dad


mom, with the babies beneath her


peek-a-boo!

there were nine chicks in total. the hen kept a watchful eye on her babies while she kicked up the flower beds for food. they were very trusting of humans and came within inches of me!



my mom and i resisted the urge to pick one up!

there's a also a family of ducks living on the grounds. them, not so trusting.

run, kids! it's another crazy lady with a camera!

11 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lovely day.

    i like your new banner, it is full of color =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds and flowers! I think you enjoyed the day very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome experience...i need to get into nature more myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me of my days in italy...on my grandparents farm...

    glad you had a beautiful time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What a great day you guys had!!
    I love little chicks -
    Ducks, not so much. They kinda freak me out!
    Hugs,
    gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable pics!! Those baby chicks are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I LOVE your blog header!! Too creative. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe gabriele... you quack me up!=)

    thanks, kelly!xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos & beautiful place. The chickens look pretty happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a great day! We have to do the Christmas light show with lil buttercup. I so much wanted to bring that lil yellow chick home.Funny...all those shops and the chicks were our highlight of the day..Can't wait to do it again! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...