Sunday, September 16, 2012

sunshine days

the plumeria from my mom is producing the nicest-scented blooms. they were supposed to be pink but i'm happy they're yellow. they look really pretty in the garden this time of year.

my niece alaina turned five. alaina's the sweetest little soul i've ever known. she gets excited over heart-shaped rocks and gushes over kati-cat's "little feet". she came with me to babysit and helped baby kev go down the slide by himself, saying things like "it's alright little buddy". oh the cuteness!

winter squash is in and i couldn't be more thrilled! kabocha is my favorite for its flavor, but i love that acorn squash is its own flower-shaped bowl. it's perfect with sweet sage butter, toasted walnuts and a side of garden green beans, and tastes even better reheated the next day for lunch.
 
these are the last of the sunflowers. it's actually one plant with multiple heads. i always say it - next year i need to plant more sunflowers! soon it will be time to plant the garlic and tulip bulbs for spring. oh where did the summer go? i'm certainly soaking in these last days!=)

p.s. honestly, it has hasn't been all sunshine over here. i've been feeling sort of sad and frustrated lately, but i like to keep my blog positive and not get into it here. i'm ok and don't want anyone to worry, just know that i haven't been around so much because i've been trying to rest my arm and keep to myself. i'm sure no one wants to read the rants that i'd be posting otherwise.=)

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry it hasn't all been sunshine for you. But life isn't like that. I personally don't mind a few rants here and there if you feel like it. But I understand wanting to keep it to yourself or off the blog too. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and hope your arm heals fast. the plumeria and sunflowers are beautiful and hope they'll cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jenny. my arm is almost 100 percent, i just have to be careful. my flowers always cheer me up!=)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelli - another good post - i agree with bitt and wish you well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you well! Looks delicious and I love sunflowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lauren! coming by to visit your blog now.=)

      Delete
  5. I knew something was going on, I could sense it. I actually woke up thinking about you. Too wierd!!
    I am battling a mighty heavy cross at the moment so I feel for you completely.
    Peace and Raw Healing Thoughts,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...