Monday, February 21, 2011

music monday: wild child


Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

Let the rain fall down
Everywhere around you
Give into it now
Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on

What a day, what a day to take to
What a way, what a way to make it through
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child

Only take the time
From the helter skelter
Every day you find
Everything's in kilter
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

Every summer sun
Every winter evening
Every spring to come
Every autumn leaving
You don't need a reason
Let it all go on and on

What a day, what a day to take to
What a way, what a way to make it through
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child

8 comments:

  1. It's a lovely song! I haven't heard it before. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What day to make it through (Monday). They got that right! Best to you, Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love a bit of enya on a monday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lela - enya makes a lot of great songs. my students loved this one, orinoco flow, storms in africa and only time.=)

    clint - they sure did, my friend. thank you, and to you as well!=)

    antony, me too. music for the soul.=)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Enya too! and I wanted to stop by and say thank you for your sweet comments. You really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful lyrics. I have many memories of listening to the soothing sounds of Enya. May have to pull out some of those old disks.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet presence on my blog, Kelli--it's always so nice to have you.

    Sending love,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorites, baby hearn! This was played for Mary that night...very sad night, but the song made it beautiful, huh? I love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...