...then the snow came.
2 feet again! second time this winter! but this time it left pretty skies for us to enjoy while we shoveled our way out.
there's a lot of time to think about food when you're snowed in and watching movies. i wanted popcorn, raw cheez-its, philly soft pretzels, garlic bread, and pizza (of course). but i wasn't fantasizing about cheese pizza - i was thinking of tomato pies and raw pizza, which is a big step in the right direction for me! =)
i've also been craving oh my this is tuna and nori snacks (can't wait to make both!), so i munched on a few raw nori sheets throughout day 3.
- yogi's healthy fasting tea
- smoothie: banana, braeburn apple, kale, goji berries, lemon
- veggies with mashed avocado
- juice: beet, celery, kale, carrot, blueberries, lemon, ginger
- decaf green tea
- raw nori sheet
- salad: spring mix, avocado, tomato, cucumber
- salad wrapped in a nori sheet
we've been making juice using the ol' hamilton beach blender and a nut milk bag. see, you don't need a fancy juicer or $400 blender to eat raw!
(but this doesn't mean i wouldn't like a blendtec or vitamix... i'm just sayin' =)