Saturday, August 4, 2012

pressed flower jar labels

for the june food swap, i wanted to make nice labels to go on my jars. i love the organic feel of pressed flowers, so i glued them to some old recycled stock paper that was first cut into circles.
 
the flower above was from a weed in my garden. they seem to only bloom at night! i think they're really pretty pressed. some of the other flowers were weeds (like clover), pansies and cilantro.

oh, i must mention the lavender sugar! it tastes so nice in mint tea! to make lavender sugar i followed an easy recipe online - 2 cups cane sugar blended with 2 tablespoons dried lavender.

lavender has calming effects, as does chamomile tea. next time i'm feeling stressed or anxious, methinks i'll throw a little lavender sugar in my chamomile tea!=)

pressed lavender

11 comments:

  1. what a great and creative idea for pressed flowers. Those jars are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pressed flower jars are gorgeous! And I just got your e-mail. It was sweet! :) Just got back from a bike ride. Feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so pretty! you will have to do a tutorial on how to press next. i forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These jars were so beautiful! You really took jar labeling to the next level. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelli,
    Those are simply beautiful. I just love them.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pressed flowers :) I've found myself collecting leaves and pressing them in my journals, it seems that nature is trying to make its way into my creative processes. It is nice though.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I hadn't realized that there was no follow button until you asked, so I added it :)

    I hope you have a pleasant wednesday!

    ~Caleisha @ apt-203.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i am beyond impressed...you're so incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just fabulous!:-)

    sharing on the guild's facebook page!:-)

    thanks for letting us see:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...