Saturday, August 11, 2012

august food swap

tuesday night i attended the third south jersey food swap. there weren't as many swappers as last time, but there were still lots of goodies up for grabs.

connie brought a lot of great things to share and set-up a nice display with watermelon slush for everyone to enjoy. her goods are made with produce from her very own farm. 

other items up for swap were garden vegetables, herbs, farm-fresh eggs, delicious chocolate chia pudding, homemade lara bars, baked sweets, thai chili sauce, souper stock, salsa, and more.

this swap crept up on me and i was hardly prepared. i went with a last-minute tomato theme and did the best i could with the few hours of prep i left myself.

felt tomato magnets, tomato basil flax snacks, garden grown and dehydrator-dried plum tomatoes, quinoa with "sun"-dried tomatoes, and a hummus for sampling the crackers.

i'll be sure not to procrastinate for next time!

15 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. I wonder if my town has a food swap....

    Also, I love the felt magnets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nikki! i found out about it through craigslist.

      Delete
    2. I am about to check out Craigslist right now! :)

      Delete
  2. OH I love this post so much, Kelli!!! I have to see if they have something like this in my town. I know there have been some vegan cooking and film nights, but I was too shy to take part! Maybe they will make some more this autumn. I could conqour my fear and go, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sure can malle! you meet like-minded people at these events.=)

      Delete
  3. That looks very interesting. Wish we had something like that here. Love the watermelon container.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watermelon! I have to ask you about the produce wash!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's in a spray bottle and it's made of 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. that watermelon is really cool.

    i want all the stuff you swapped! hope everyone appreciated it. looks like a lot of work to me, even though you said it was last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a few people liked the crackers but no one really wanted the magnets!=(

      Delete
  6. i wish we had something like that here in the tdot!

    those magnets are awesome...you're some kind of wonderful! so creative and crafty!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...