Monday, April 2, 2012

music monday, for grandmom

my grandmom told me on numerous occasions that she loved the song "you gotta be" (i think she knew it from oprah). i thought it was sweet that my granny (who usually sang old songs like mares eat oats) was into a modern day tune, so i bought her the cassette tape.

gosh, that was almost 20 years ago! where does the time go?! 

today my grandmother's health is failing. she is 83 years old and suffers from parkinson's disease and dementia. my mother is taking the very best care of our "gg". there are also compassionate nurses and a doctor going to the house. though it's a sad time, it's also a time full of love, one that makes me happy to be human.=)



"all i know, love will save the day."

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely song for a lovely lady (your gg)I'm sending you and your family some positive vibes and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, wonderful memories. Be kind to yourself as you hold your gg in a place of love and honor. She is just as lucky to have you as you are to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, she sounds like a great lady! My grand pop is sick right now too, 87 years old! I k ow how hard it is. :(

    On another note, my grandma (Naunee) is "GG" to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lauren! my grandmom became "gg" when my niece was born.=)

      Delete
  4. Yep, I remember that song. Circa 1995 I believe, takes me back to my high school days. 1995 was a great year for music or at least it seems that way to me. I watch the 90's music choice channel on TV, and every time a good song comes on, the year is almost always 1995.

    Sorry to hear about your grandmother, I have reflected on some of your same sentiments the last few years. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kris, i agree! i feel the best music of my lifetime was in the early to mid 90's.

      thank you.=)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. i know it's you=)

      xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
    2. ps - did you see what time i posted? 46!=)

      Delete
  6. also, today is 4/6. It's gonna be with you forever! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, such a sweet post. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. That's tough. Give her lots of love and hugs -- sending you some virtually your way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...