(vegan MoFo = vegan month of food)
1. Favorite non-dairy milk? i think almond milk is the tastiest. chocolate almond milk is yummy - reminds me of yoo-hoo.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? lentil soup, stuffed acorn squash, and zucchini brownies.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? salt and butter. kettle cooked is delicious, too.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? i haven't had anything too disastrous - i'll eat anything! yesterday i made cheez-its and forgot the flax...they turned out fine though, thank goodness!
5. Favorite pickled item? pickled pickles.
6. How do you organize your recipes? i don't. most recipes i love and use often are on my blog. gotta love that! new ones i'd like to try are in a bookmarks folder. handwritten recipes are in notebooks and a blue folder i tend to misplace.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? compost.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? i'd rather not live if there were only 3 foods for me to eat. next question! :p
j/k - i'd say veggie sushi, quinoa salad, and frozen fruit bars.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? my mommy's delicious meals. she's the best cook. and my salads with 'herbs and spices' dressing. i was a lil' rabbit!
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? coconut based ice creams.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? my magic bullet (craiglist - $25 - booyah!)
12. Spice/herb you would die without? ha, a very magical herb. ;) i also love cilantro (my sista krista got me hooked years ago).
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? i just recently started purchasing cookbooks. i don't really use them much. i like the internet for recipes.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? love them all.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? zucchini crab cakes.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? seitan, sometimes.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? dinner and late-night snack.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? plants and a grey goose bottle filled with notes john and i wrote to each other in the beginning. =)
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. frozen fruit bars, tater tots, dehydrated bread i made yesterday.
20. What’s on your grocery list? just went shopping.
21. Favorite grocery store? don't have a favorite but i am grateful whole foods sells a lot of things i need.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. my mom's stuffed cabbage.
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3? i love so many. kubicle kitchen, sunny raw kitchen, feeding little vegans, and the adventures of raw goddess heathy are my top 4 food blogs (in no particular order).
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? peanut chews.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? irish moss.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with? irish moss!
so now you know a little bit more about lil' ol' me and my food! =)
hope you're all enjoying your weekend!