Monday, September 7, 2009

oatmeal facial


today i was inspired by hippie mom at the raw journal to treat myself to a facial and post a funny pic with the goo on my face.

(the turquoise background is the chill room we painted recently.
me likey.)


~*~

Facial Ingredients (found here):

• 2 tablespoons oatmeal
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons commercial pure aloe vera or aloe vera gel from a plant
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until creamy.
2. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.

Instructions for use:

1. Wet your face with water.
2. Apply scrub to your face with a gentle circular motion. Take care not to tug the skin, and avoid the eye area.
3. Rinse with warm water followed by a quick cold-water rinse.
4. Cleanse your face with your normal cleanser.

i left the mixture on my face, neck, and rough spots for about 20 minutes, then rinsed it off in a nice steamy shower. my skin was left looking radiant and feeling oh so smooth. as john says, my cheeks are extra buttery. :P

i also gave myself a pedi and painted my toenails bright peach with one white flower in protest of the fall season. ( would have posted a pic but my feet are shy =)

i am
not ready to say goodbye to summer just yet...are you?

9 comments:

  1. You are absolutely glowing, even under all the goo! I think the turquoise walls make your eyes sparkle. Boy, could I ever use some TLC....I'm ashamed to wear sandals, and I have farmer's fingernails to match my farmer's tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! I have recently broken out from pregnancy hormones. P.S. do you know of any gluten free body & beauty products that don't test on animals? I am having the hardest time finding things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks granny! lucky you - grandparents day is this sunday! you could hint around to the fam that you'd like to treat your tired feet and fingers (that picked and canned them so many treats this season) to some pampering...lord knows you deserve it!=)

    bethany - to be honest i wasn't aware they contained gluten. wow. i learned only fairly recently that most soaps contain animal fat - listed as Sodium Tallowate (which is made from sodium hydroxide and animal fat).

    i love the soap i use - Kirk's Original Coco Castile. it's all natural and inexpensive compared to other animal-friendly soaps out there. they sell the bars at the wegmans near me for $1.19. it smells great and really moisturizers (its made with coconut oil).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to the fact, that I didn't get any natural aloe here in Germany, I use stabilized gel instead and sometimes I use honey and salt instead of sugar.
    But it works very fine...
    Kind regards from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.... even with gunk on your face your a beautie!!! :D
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pic.. The turquoise room is your chill.. but all I have to do is look into those beautiful eyes.xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that I missed this post!?! You looking radiant;-o) Maldives blue eyes;-}

    XoXoXo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...