as i mentioned before, my chiropractor recommended i consume more bromelain and circumin to help ease my aches. bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple said to naturally relieve pain and inflammation. most of the bromelain is in the pineapple core so i grind those babies right up in my smoothies. i love to munch on pineapple throughout the week when i'm craving something sweet. the ones at the market that look more golden yellow than green are the sweetest ones, i've found.
circumin is in turmeric which is in curry powder, if i'm understanding correctly. circumin has been shown to fight everything from cancer to diabetes. it also helps with inflammation and arthritis pain. according to dr. connealy's nice article on circumin's many benefits, circumin can do the following:
- combat cancer stem cells (where cancer begins) as well as multidrug-resistant cancer
- reduce out-of-control inflammation
- help maintain healthy cells and neutralize damaging free radicals
- protect against the ravages of aging
- enhance heart health and inhibit the formation of LDL (bad) cholesterol
- prevent blood platelets from sticking together, which improves circulation and minimizes the likelihood of blood clots
- counteract damage caused by radiation
- protect against Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions
- help maintain healthy, pain-free joints
- support healthy kidneys and liver
- encourage the body’s own detoxification efforts and help eliminate such health-damaging contaminants as heavy metals
amazing, isn't it?! now you see why i've been trying to make things with curry and turmeric. since it hasn't been easy to please everyone's taste buds around here, i'm going to look for a supplement so john and i can both reap the benefits of circumin. if you can recommend a good brand of turmeric supplements, please do! john says new chapter because they're non-gmo. yes? no?