Sunday, March 25, 2012

sheepy heads






the pattern for these sweet sleepy sheep is free and can be found at harugurumi. amigurumi is the japanese art of crocheting small animals or toys. it's not as difficult as it may look, once you learn the crochet basics. there are many online tutorials and books to guide you.

the original pattern made a pretty large doll - almost 14 inches. to make the smaller 11 inch sheep i used crochet hooks H for the white and G for the grey.

the weather is making me a sleepy head. our temperatures are back to normal for march and it's been rainy. today i'm headed to a buffet-style, moroccan-themed vegan pop-up cafe hosted by miss rachel's pantry, and i plan to stuff my face take lots of pics to share with you. happy sunday!

11 comments:

  1. those are so adorable! makes me want to learn to knit. you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love!!! Wish I knew how to knit, I would make my daughter this for Easter! Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love them they are so cool!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies!=)

    bitt, they're crocheted. i don't know how to knit, but to me it seems more difficult then crochet. i would like to learn to knit socks.

    bitt and lauren, you could teach yourself, and i could try to answer your questions! have someone show you how to start a single crochet blanket, or watch a video online. making a blanket is great practice for a starter project! once you get a feel for it the rest comes easily. you can watch videos online or read books to learn more stitches. (check your library, my small one surprisingly carries a lot of crochet books!)

    ask around - friends, aunts, moms, gmoms, lady neighbors - they may know how to crochet, and they may even have some old yarn to give you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely sheep!! You're very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heart these! I have some of these pinned in hopes I will learn some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheepy heads are so cute! Hope your buffet was good! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little guys are super adorable! I like that there is a big one and little one. FRIENDS :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those are cute! So wish I could crochet, I never could get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Thanks for the cute pics and the link!!! I'm so inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...