brown gift bags can be purchased at most craft stores for about fifty cents each. they are very durable and perfect for stamping. no need to purchase expensive stamps - make your own adorable apple-stamped gift packaging with the tutorial below.
you will need:
red and green acrylic paint
brown gift bags
paint brush (optional)
1. cut the apple in half horizontally (around the middle) to reveal a star. scoop out the seeds.
2. using the apple as a stamp, press into paint.
alternatively, apply paint to the apple with a paintbrush.
4. let dry for one hour. fold bottom under and follow same steps on reverse side.
5. add gifts, tissue paper and your own personal touches if you wish. below i used old bell ornaments with red embroidery floss.
* brown paper shopping bags can be reused for homemade apple-star gift wrap.
** you may need to cut through a few apples to find a nice star. simple solution for the duds - i juiced 'em with beets, cucumber, carrot, spinach, lemon and ginger.
cheers to pretty personalized gift-packaging!=)