week one's loot: kale, rainbow chard, arugula, endive, mizuna, purslane, basil, green onions, romaine, zucchini, yellow squash, sunburst squash, cucumber pickles, bok choy, and savoy cabbage. ALL ORGANIC - WOOHOO!!!=)
the kale will mostly likely be dehydrated into chippies... the chard and purslane used in my smoothies... the greens and cukes will make beautiful salads... the zucchini and squash possibilities are endless... but what was i to do with the savoy cabbage and bok choy? philip's the raw food salad bar had the answer.=)
herb cole slaw
this slaw was so simple, so quick, and so yummy! chop up some cabbage and herbs (i used my favorites - cilantro and basil) and add seasonings - that's it! it was so tasty, i kept going back to the fridge to sample more. the slaw didn't last a day (though i had intended to let it marinate overnight). i'll surely be making this simple slaw again and again! thanks, philip!
mixed bok choy
spicy, sweet, and crunchy - a divine trinity in my book. made and devoured in less then twenty minutes - who knew bok choy was so delicious?=)
***as i mentioned in my previous post, philip and i are both offering a copy of the raw food salad bar ebook. that means two lucky readers will be equipped with the best un-cookbook around for utilizing the summer's bounty!
have a lookie at philip's ideas for those heirloom tomatoes...
image from the journal of natural food and healing
- heirloom tomato salad
- sungolds and green beans tossed with herbs
- bloody mary soup (can't wait to try this one!)
- gazpacho with cumin and avocado
- summer minestrone (mmm...)
- tomato basil soup
- august sunset
but this book is not limited to summer dishes - it's 115 pages FULL of amazing creations, including sections labeled autumn and winter salads and creamy comfort soups, featuring southern belles in london soup.
here's how to enter:
in the comments section, tell me why you would like to win a copy of the raw food salad bar ebook.
- become a follower of animal-friendly eating
- blog about this giveaway (5 entries - leave a separate comment for each entry and a link to the post, please).
- eat an animal-friendly meal and tell me about it.
- tell me one benefit of eating raw or animal-friendly foods. you can go here for some ideas.
- tell me one fruit or veggie in season in your area. visit here if you're not sure. (thank you for the link, meredith!)
this giveaway will be closed sunday, july 11th at midnight. the two winners will be chosen randomly through a number generator and announced shortly after. be sure to check back to see if you won!
best of luck to you all!