Monday, December 14, 2009

10 honest facts about me

happy monday!
i hope you had a nice weekend.

HippieMom from The Raw Journal nominated me for the Honest Scrap Award.
yippee! thanks HippieMom!


 
Rules to receiving this award:

1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Present this award to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
3. Tell those people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP, inform them of these guidelines.
4. Share "Ten Honest things" about yourself.

so here we go...

10 honest things about myself

1. i have a terrible sense of direction. i rely heavily on my navigator to get around. the first few weeks of high school i was lost. i had such anxiety over it that i'd stay after to "practice" my schedule, and i still have nightmares that i can't find my locker!

2. i failed my driving test the first time. the second time i did even worse! the instructor felt bad and passed me, but made me promise i wouldn't go anywhere i had to parallel park!

3. i was once hit on by a much older man with an accent who told me he likes girls with short heads. (i believe he meant hair, but who knows!)

4. while preparing food with coconut oil, i like to stop and rub the excess from the measuring spoon on my face, hands, and hair. is that gross?

5. my sweetie pie john and i decided that we are married on a plane ride to holland in march '08. hubs told the hotel worker we were on our honeymoon (well, we were!) and she upgraded us to a great big room with an amazing view!

6. i can name all 50 u.s. states in alphabetical order in less than a minute, thanks to my 5th grade music teacher. however, i'd probably encounter some difficulty locating them all on a map. =/

7. i taught first grade science in a low-income, environmentally-focused charter school for three years. my classroom was home to ants, crickets, mealworms, silkworms, moths, beetles, worms, and a tree frog named boris!

8. my favorite things to do are snuggle, play, and eat. (i'm a lot like my cat, mrs. bigglesworth. =)

9. i hate being cold but get really excited when it snows.

10. i feel hair is a nuisance and seriously consider shaving mine off. maybe this summer?


7 blogs i'm nominating

9 comments:

  1. Most of my skin has a coating of coconut oil right now, because it works better than anything else in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the award! I've been working on it for a few days as someone else put my up to the challenge! it's been tough.

    i love that you had all those critters in the classroom! kids love that. I used to teach 4th grade and I taught the kids how to do a worm bin. We loved our worm pets.

    I put coconut oil on my face too. my face was sooo dry until I put it on overnight the other day. you are in good company. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ur facts! I am sure you still better in the orientation prob! I get lost everywhere..really everywhere!( have so many stories...)

    Great for the upgrade story & destination (;-D)

    and smart girl playing with coco in the kitch!

    XoXoXo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. taerin - yup. plus it's all natural and smells great!

    bitt - ohh a worm bin must have been fun! you're right - the kids couldn't get enough of our little critters! they even gave them names and would bring them snacks!

    hippiemom - thanks mama!;) i saw you actually lived in one of my favorite destinations! i would love to hear more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to number seven! I'm in college to be an elementary education teacher, and it's my dream to teach in a school like that. Since I don't think there are any around here, I'm hoping that I will at least be allowed to incorporate gardening and animals into my room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just saw this... can i participate after the holidays?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. #11 fact about kelliann..is so kind, generous,and patient, is silly and playful, a great listener, is very creative, smart and witty, finds good in everyone, can keep a secret, loves to eat and nap, makes a mess in the kitchen, but a very good creative cook, is loved by so many, I am and will always be her #1 fan... xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. my mom is the best! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...