Tuesday, April 28, 2009

my square foot garden


i finally have a garden =)

the small box is my lettuce box. the plants in the big box are flowers. today i sowed baby carrot seeds in the square with the orange marker, radish seeds in the purple, and beet seeds in the red.

i will be adding more throughout the growing season. i'm so excited!

i followed a fairly easy method called square foot gardening. i highly recommend buying this book if you're interested in starting one.


my sweetie pie john not only woke me up one morning because he knew i'd love this video, he also built the boxes AND the cages for me. awww!



i'm also really excited about these babies.


the plant on the left produces small, sweet strawberries and the one on the right produces your standard strawberry. i got them both at a local garden store called Bloomers. i CAN'T WAIT to see the first berry!

2 comments:

  1. This is the book that I just got! I really like it. I can't wait to start mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your beautiful garden! I can't wait to see the outcome of all your hard work. Be careful with your strawberry plants when Craig is over!! HAHA.. I am looking for a nice straw hat and overalls for you..HEHE..Happy Gardening...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...